Lexington boasts an excellent location for businesses to serve Illinois and the greater Midwest. We are adjacent to the intersection of Interstate 55 and County Highway 8 with convenient access to other intrastate and interstate highways. Lexington is a short commute to the Central Illinois Regional Airport. Amtrak and a multimodal transportation center are only 15 miles from Lexington city center. A Tax Increment Finance District with a useful life of approximately 15 years is comprised of more than 660 acres with access to municipal water and sanitary sewer systems. Development sites are zoned to allow a wide range of uses including General Business, General Residence, and Manufacturing.
Tax Increment Financing
Click on the following links for TIF information.
- TIF Development Grant Program
- TIF Improvement Grant Program
- TIF Development Grant Application
- TIF Improvement Grant Application
- TIF District Map (blue outlined areas indicate recent additions to the TIF District)